Friday, June 5, 2015

Last Day of School!

Every teacher needs an apple, right?! Especially one filled with gummy worms. And not just any apple will do; but for the BEST TEACHER EVER as my little one always refers to her teacher, it has to be a pink apple. Love how it turned out and my little one was so excited to give this to her teacher on the last day of Kinder today. Hope you like it as well!
 
 
The 3D apple is from the Miss Baker's Classroom kit from SVG Cuts. 3D projects is where I started my love for paper crafting before I really started making cards. Making this reminded me of why I enjoyed that so much. There is nothing like taking a flat piece of paper and helping it to take a shape. I used some American Craft Cardstock and a piece of Paper Studio paper that has been in my stash for a bit to make this. As always I inked the edges of the panels using some Angel Pink Memento ink. Love my Memento inks!!! I can't craft without them. The sentiment and tag are from My Craft Spot (miss that store!). And the twine bow is Trendy Twine's Totally Pink - definitely one of my most favorite colors!!!!
 
My son also wanted something to give his teacher for the last day of school as she is retiring. He had such a great year as well and he was adamant that he needed a card with a dog as his teacher loves dogs. So this is the card he gave to her.
 
 
The card is A2 sized with a file from Treasure Box Designs called Bobble Buddies Dog. The twine is the Totally Red from Trendy Twine and the sentiment is also from My Craft Spot. The background paper is from Doodlebug Design. My son does want me to talk to Mary over at SVG Cuts about a 3D dog though. He thinks if she can make a pattern for an owl (which I made for his teacher last year) and that she can make a pattern for a bunny then a dog should be no problem. He'd be very excited about a cat as well. How about it, Mary? You'd make one sweet boy very happy!!!
 
Thanks for dropping by! I hope you will have enjoyed my projects today. I also invite you to drop by my  Facebook and Pinterest pages or to find me on Instagram @mmirandcreations. They are all pages that make it easy for you to keep up with my crafty happenings!
 
Blessings,
                      
 
Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday: #186 Anything FF Goes
Crafting by Designs: June Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate: #101 Anything Goes
Little Scrap Pieces: Show it off Saturday
Brown Sugar Challenge: #149 Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Great teacher projects! I would have never thought to make that apple pink, but it is really cute! Nice use of those Trendy Twines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOODNESS!!! They are both so CUTE!!! What a fun idea to make the apple pink for the Teacher!!! LOVE it and that puppy is just so precious on that card!!! I know both teacher's are going to appreciate your thoughtfulness!!! :) Have a great day!


    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome ... I love 3D projects too. Great work on both. Id love to see your 3D dog if that materializes 😄.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool and so sweet! Thanks for sharing with us at WAW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects! The apple is so pretty and I love the dog!
    Thank you for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Lilian
    http://theleafstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. And what great ideas (the cat and the dog)! I'm flattered that he has such faith in me!   I will see what I can do! I have some Graphic 45 pet-themed paper that might work that I've been looking forward to using.   Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas for teacher's!! Love the little dog and the sentiment. Great apple too!
    Thanks for joining the Brown Sugar Challenge.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness the card is adorable and the APPLE is fantastic!! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these creations are so adorable and perfect for a special recipient. What a blessing it is for us that you joined our Challenge last week. This week, our Challenge is still ongoing so, please stop by again and join us at Word Art Wednesday! Leaving you the blessing found in God's Word from Hosea 10:12 which says, "Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes and showers his righteousness on you." Hugs, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete