Monday, October 5, 2015

Little Drummer Boy!

I am most certainly not wanting to skip the joys of October as this month is my favorite of the year; but I can't hide my excitement either of celebrating the Lord at Christmas time.


This Toy Drum file from SVG Cuts makes me think of the song "Little Drummer Boy."

...I have no gift to bring...That's fit to give our king...Shall I play for you...Mary nodded...The ox and lamb kept time...I played my drum for him...I played my best for him...

Pa rum pum pum pum...

It is so wonderful when we just give Jesus whatever we have!



I used black cardstock for the base of the drum and then decorated it with an old K and Company paper set I have had in my drawer for quite awhile. Lining the sides on the top and bottom are brads that have thin knitting thread weaved around them. 
I hope joy fills you this season of celebration and may the Lord be glorified in the gifts you share with Him. Thanks for dropping by today!

Hugs and Blessings,
                        
Challenges:
Silhouette Challenge: #30 Anything Goes
Scrapbook Blessings Club: October Anything Goes 10/31
Decorate to Celebrate: #110 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday: #203 Anything Goes
Die Cuttin' Divas: #235 Anything Goes
613 Ave Create: #144 Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion: #282 Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. What a great design! This would make an adorable treat box! Thanks for joining us over at DL ART! DT member DL.ART Carri~Abusybee
    My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this one is very cool with the added string work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!
    Thank you for joining the DLART Thankful Thursday October Linky Challenge - Have a blessed day!
    Gail Scott http://DL.ART DT member
    http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. eine wundervolle Arbeit, diese Trommel. Fantastisch
    Liebe Grüße Beate

    ReplyDelete