Friday, October 2, 2015

Hand Over the Candy...

Well it is day 2 of October and I have my 2nd project for the month. Wow!!! Last month, I just had no mojo! But this is my favorite month of the year both for crafting and just because! October is beautiful in my neck of the woods and I'm looking forward to taking my kiddos on some adventures this month. I'm also looking forward to sharing lots of Halloween and Fall projects here and I might just throw in a few Christmas ones as well.


When I saw the cut file I am using today, I just couldn't wait to get it on the front of a card. I think this vintage Jack-O-Lantern is just perfect, especially, with all his spider friends.


He looks like he is having a smashing good time!!! The cut files are all from Miss Kate Cuttables. I used Vintage Jack O Lantern and Halloween Set. I cut the spider in three different sizes. The background paper is from Doodlebug Design's Ghouls and Goodies collection. I think I can safely say that over the last year this has become my go to paper company. I have fallen for their color schemes and whimsical characters! The Jack is attached using foam tape and then the tag and spiders are attached using a double layer of foam tape. The sentiment is from Scrappy Mom Stamps' Bewitched set. Lots of fun Halloween sentiments on this one!!! All the pieces are inked to add a bit of color dimension as well!


It might be hard to see it but the tag has faux stitching around the edges of it. Yes, I am quite jealous of all my crafty friends who have the fun dies with faux stitching, so I decided to make my own. I measured my sentiment and created the tag in my DE software that would work for it. I then used the internal offset to make a smaller rectangle inside the original and then changed the line from solid to dashed. I cut the outer edge on a setting that would cut through my paper, but cut the dashed line separately. For the dashes, I turned my blade down to '1' under the Advanced Cut Settings so that the dashes scored, but didn't cut all the way through. It will be a technique that will work until I can get some of those fancy dies too!!! 

This one was super fun to make and will hopefully get mailed to a pretty special friend.

Hope you enjoy it and thanks for dropping by today!

I hope you will hit the follower button on the right side bar of my blog. There are buttons there for Google Friend Connect and Bloglovin'. I also invite you to visit my Facebook or Pinterest pages.

Blessings,
                       
Challenges:
Craft Your Passion: #281 Anything Goes
Silhouette Challenge: #30 Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate: #110 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday: #203 Anything Goes
Die Cuttin' Divas: #235 Anything Goes
613 Ave Create: #143 Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Challenge: Halloween or Make a Card

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute Melissa. I love all your layers!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes OCTOBER Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is brilliant. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge 22 theme Halloween or make a card. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Love your card!! That face cracks me up!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT card, Melissa!!! Thanks for linking up to Decorate to Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too funny and cute thank you for joining challenge at dtc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card - love the design and the purple paper - Thanks for sharing and linking over at Silhouette Challenges. - Vicki DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a great card Melissa! I just LOVE the cuts! Awesome job!
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin Diva's
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! this is a fun and fabulous Halloween card:) Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another cutie...wonder what it is that October seems to be a great crafting month? I am always busy with paper during this time too!!

    ReplyDelete