Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Fall Sunflower!

Hey, everyone!!! How is your Tuesday going? I have been substitute teaching and I went in again today. I've been spending lots of time with junior high kids and really enjoying it!!!

I am excited about today's card. I am excited because I work for a very talented artist and love using her svg files. I had asked Dina from Treasure Box Designs to make a sunflower file and she blew me away with this one. Thank you, Dina!!! It is not in the store yet (this is a sneak peek), but be watching for it real soon!


Isn't it pretty!!! It is not in the store yet, but be looking for it soon. 


I started with a A2 card base and used a patterned paper from Simple Stories' Harvest Lane collection for the background. I pieced together the sunflower using a nice honey colored cardstock and inked it with Memento Ink's Potter Clay. It is one of my all time favorite ink colors especially for fall projects. For the banner, I used a die from My Craft Spot (no longer in business) and stamped it with a sentiment from Jaded Blossom's Simple Saying set. I was having trouble stamping today and just couldn't decide on a color or sentiment. The problem was mostly that I couldn't get an even amount of color on any stamp I chose, so I know it was user error. I went through four banners before deciding this one would work and using it. I will probably do it again later and replace the one that is on there. One of these days, I am going to get a Misti tool to help me with my stamping woes.


When I was putting together my sunflower I wanted lots of dimension; so I added foam tape between each layer of the flower and then I used another strip to adhere it to my card. 

So very glad you stopped by today. Loved having you here!!!

Blessings,
                   

PS. If you have not seen the freebie this week from Treasure Box Designs, you should go take a look. It is awesome. You can find it on the Treasure Box Gems FB group or the TBD blog.
You will not regret picking this one up:


A new freebie is shared every Tuesday, so this is only available through Monday.


Challenges:
DL Art: October Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
Silhouette Challenge: #30 Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate: #110 Anything Goes
Scrapbook Blessings Club: October Anything Goes 10/31
Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes 
Always Playing with Paper: #46 The Colours of Autumn
Craft Your Passion: #283 Anything Goes
613 Ave Create: #145 Anything Goes

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful Melissa I love the bright orange!!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes OCTOBER Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a pretty diecut. Lovely sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty ... you rock the layers! Thanks for playing at The Challenge!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work! Thank you so much for playing in our neighbourhood 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope you stop by to play again next week.
    Keep Smilin',
    Stacey xxx
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fall card~the colors are spectacular and LOVE the dimension!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty fall design! Love all the dimension on the sunflower. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card love it Judith DT Fab-Tastic Tuesday x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love the bright colors !
    Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
    Hugs
    Willeke
    DT Through The Craft Room Door
    Made by Willeke {My personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous flower. Love the dimension. Thanks for sharing with us at SBC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous!!! Such pretty rich and full colors. I have to say...I LOVE my Misti. It is my new favorite tool!
    Thanks for sharing with us at October Silhouette Challenge!


    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete