Friday, October 9, 2015

Boo! Halloween Tag

Happy Friday! It has been a long day today, but a good one!!!

To start the day was a little chilly and rainy, but so gorgeous as more fall colors are peeking out. I spent some time outside just enjoying the sights and the cooler air. I was able to substitute today and was blessed to be with a bunch of kiddos and making relationships with those who work at the school. And then this evening, I group of ladies that I love dearly got together for bible study and what a blessing to share in God's word. Tonight my heart is overwhelmed with joy!

I'm continuing tonight with my 31 Days of October projects. Tonight I have another tag to share. This one was really easy to put together and could be massed produce if you need lots of tags for this Halloween without much effort at all.

The file I used for this is from Treasure Box Designs.


It is literally five pieces of paper (and some eyes which can either be cut out and glued on or just stamped on to make it even easier), ribbon, a button, and some twine. I got my moon, bat, and ghost from the Boo-ti-ful You file from Treasure Box Designs. I am using the same tag that I have used the last several days with the other tags I have made. 


So pick out your papers. My design paper is from Doodlebug Design's Ghouls and Goodies collection. I cut the base layer of the tag in black and then the design paper and glued it to the base. The moon was cut in a pale yellow and inked with three colors of Memento Ink - Dandelion, Cantelope, and Potter's Clay - to give it a nice glowing effect. Apply them in the order I listed keeping the color closer the edges with each new color. I use a make-up sponge to apply the ink. I glued the bat and ghost to the moon and then used foam tape to attach it all to the tag. I cut a couple of strips of ribbon and threaded them through the hole in the tag that I made with a hole punch. I then secure the ribbon with the button and some Totally Orange Trendy Twine. To finish it off, add a fun sentiment. Mine is from the My Craft Spot's Batty for You stamp set (unfortunately this company is closed). 

Thank you for floating by today! I hope you will be back. 

I invite you to stop by my Facebook and Pinterest pages as well.

Blessings,
                      
Challenges:
Silhouette Challenge: #30 Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate: #110 Anything Goes
Scrapbook Blessings Club: October Anything Goes 10/31
PDE Linky Party: Tags 
Word Art Wednesday: #204 Anything Goes

14 comments:

  1. Really cute Melissa. I love the image, but also the purple background paper is real pretty.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes OCTOBER Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a roll with your tags! They look amazing. The colors just pop and the cuts are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and cute, or simply cute! Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag. You made a great Halloween sky for the moon and ghost to rest on. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes October Challenge.
    KatieO
    DL.ART-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again! Still loving your tag! Thank you for joining our “Tags” Linky Party this week at Pause Dream Enjoy.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Pause Dream Enjoy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute!
    Thanks for playing with us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenges this week!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww such a cute project! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great use of a Treasure Box Designs file - love it!
    Thanks for sharing and linking over at Silhouette Challenges. - Vicki DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spooktacular tag ;) Fabulous use of the Treasure Box Designs file! Great colors too! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute tag. That purple pops!
    Thanks for linking up at PDE Linky Party.
    :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute tag! Love the ghost:)
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete